Bridge Boston relies on donors to help us offer a joyful, academically rigorous, full-service education to our students.
While we do receive some state funding, it is not enough to provide the education that our students require and deserve. We therefore request individual donor support in order to augment our offerings to students. Your gift will help us provide:
- Our extended day, which includes two meals, snacks, multiple recesses, physical education, music, art, a low student to staff ratio (8:1), and frequent community meetings.
- Our Full Service program, which provides free clothing, holiday support, vision and dental screenings, parenting workshops, access to housing and counseling services, information regarding employment opportunities, and assistance with food access.
- Services for Special Education students and English Language Learners.
- Our collaboration with community organizations (such as Boston Medical Center, Horizons for Homeless Children, South Bay Mental Health, and Forsyth Dental) to meet the health needs of our students.
- Our intensive music program – based on a curriculum developed for students living in poverty– that teaches musicianship, perseverance, and the joy of the performing arts. It includes intensive stringed instrument instruction and ensemble-based instruction for the older grades.
- Our Summer Program, which provides continued academic study for most of our students to combat “summer slide” as well as culturally enriching outings and exploration of the City of Boston.
Each private donation allows us to go above and beyond the standard elementary school program in support of our students.
To make a donation
The most efficient way for Bridge Boston to receive donations is by check (this helps us avoid credit card charges and other fees). Please make your check out to Bridge Boston Foundation, and send to 2 McLellan St. Dorchester MA, 02121 attn: Dominique Calixte, Development & Communications Associate
For questions or further information on our giving priorities, please contact Dominique Calixte via Email or 857-229-1601 ext 214